Thursday, June 5, 2008

Belief's

Hello All,

I was performing a follow-up appointment with a client who has had the symptoms of fibromyalgia for the last 15 years. I was asking the client about how they were feeling since receiving the treatment. The client stated some interesting comments about relief of symptoms: "So far none of my previous symptoms have returned, as of YET". As we continued to talk, the client shared that they thought it was not possible to feel better with out pain and suffering. It almost seemed like this client thought that these symptoms would come back at some point in time.

This client had the belief that they would never feel good. This client had felt the symptoms of fibromyalgia for so long they developed a belief that they could never get better. This got me thinking about a colleague's program about belief's and Intentional Resting (developed by Dan Howard). There are some who have hypothesized that a long standing belief can effect one's DNA. I wonder if you think that you will never get better, you never get better?

Dan Howard is the founder of "Intentional Resting" and is currently creating "The Resting Foundation"- a non-profit organization committed to promoting the benefits of "Intentional Resting" for the global community. I have found his process (CD) to be very peaceful, relaxing, and helpful to my continued growth.

I think Dan's work with "Intentional Resting" could dramatically assist in the unwinding process that people go through after having the AtlasPROfilax® treatment. After the AtlasPROfilax® treatment, a person could not only work on their physical structural alignment but their belief structures too. I have found that I have gone through so many shifts, physical as well as mental/emotional, since having had my AtlasPROfilax® treatment. I found myself looking for ways to speed up my body re-alignment that I started to think 'why not work with my mind at the same time.'

I would like to thank you in advance for your time and comments.

Troy Roper

1 comment:

Intentional Resting said...

Hi Troy,

Thanks for mentioning me and Intentional Resting on your blog. I agree with you about how effective the techniques of Intentional Resting can be in relationship to your work with correcting the atlas and the unwinding that takes place. After you correct my atlas, it was real easy for me to to go back to my old belief or paradigm of how I believed my body "should/would" respond to the correction. The more I used my intention to rest for my beliefs around what I was experiencing, the more I noticed a deeper level of shifting and a healthy feeling of easeful re-aligning.

Here's a toss for your client that has/had the pain and suffering in order to get better "belief." Try saying to yourself, "I'm resting into my beliefs about suffering and pain... ," take a couple gentle belly breaths and see how you feel in your body. (This simple phrase can be altered to make it applicable and relevant for each client.)

Being willing to take 20 seconds and consciously choose to rest for my body or beliefs is a powerful way to redirect my life's energy toward what I want in the world rather than just reacting to what's happening around me... and it only takes 20 seconds.

Troy, thanks again for your fantastic gifts that you are sharing with us.

Dan